Thursday, March 29, 2007

A nice relaxing week of running

Yesterday I had my first run since my 30K race and today I ran with one of my best friends for a nice 8.5K run. As much as I like to run on my own and listen to my music, there are certain people that I feel like I "need" to run with on a regular basis. Even though I'm lucky to have several great friends who share my passion for running, one of them truly understands me better than anyone when it comes to WHY I run.

This person keeps me grounded, gives me inspiration and I generally feel so much better after our runs whether it is a 8K or 32K run. I think she knows how hard I work because she's done the same thing last year and qualified for Boston. If we trained together I'm sure we would finish a race at about the same time. It's nice having someone to run with who is of equal ability and passion as they know what it feels like to push it to the limit and come back wanting more.

We talked today about how much we both love the training and how the races are secondary to the amount of work we put into whatever race we are training for. She talked about Boston and I just kept thinking about how amazing that experience is going to be for her and how I can't wait until I qualify myself.
Thanks Nancy!

This week will be more about "fun running" than training as I'll start that process again next week. From now until then I'm going to savor every step as I know that the training is going to intensify even more in the next 6 weeks. Tomorrow I will do another light 12K, take Saturday off and then run a 21K slow run on Sunday.

No comments: