Sunday, March 04, 2007

2:25 I'm gunning for YOU!

My next race is Around the Bay in Hamilton on March 25th and I've set a goal of 2:25 for the race. I'm energized after my 1/2 Marathon race from February 25th and I took 3 days off last week from running to rest. I incorporated some weight training and a new eating plan and I'm happy with the results so far.

This week I will be focusing heavily on trying to increase my speed and that means a tempo run on Tuesday and more speed work on Thursday. Sandwiched between those two runs will be a 12-15K run on Wednesday. Tomorrow I will be running a 10K "ME" run at whatever speed I can muster.

Today I spent the majority of the morning cheering on friends who were running in the Chilly 1/2 Marathon race in Burlington. It inspired me to see all the runners today. All my friends did a great job and I can't wait to run with them in a few weeks in Hamilton.

The Around the Bay race is one of the oldest races in North America and features some steep hills towards the end of the race. Having finished the race last year in 2:31 I feel that with the training I've done and just the experience I have gained, I should be able to hit the 2:25 mark.

No comments: