Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Doing what I LOVE!

Today I couldn't take it any more! I hadn't run since my race on Sunday and the roads were calling me so I had to oblige.

I was supposed to run with a friend this morning but I had a personal emergency I had to attend to so I went out on my own. My goal was jus to do a 10-11K run nice easy run to get my legs back into circulation again.

My calf was a little sore but once I hit the road it was like I was "home" again. I started out with the intention of going nice and slow but by the time I finished I realized that I had done 11K in 56 minutes or just over a 5 minute Kilometre. This was not what I had in mind but I felt energized as soon as I came home.

My running coach asked me if I wanted to step up the training for the next 6 weeks and of course I said YES! So he will be hard at working plotting my next 6 weeks of training which I'm actually looking forward to.

Today, during my run, I did some reflecting on what I have been able to accomplish and the goals that I still have. I kept repeating to myself 3:20, 3:20, 3:20 (my Boston qualifying time). I also was thinking about how hard my last race was because of my cramping issues but that I was proud of myself for not letting it interfere with my goal time. This will once again prove invaluable for me during my subsequent races.

No comments: