Sunday, June 29, 2008

Twice as nice

I knew that running in the trails yesterday that it would have to take a special run on Sunday to come close to that feeling. I'm happy to say that even though I ran on the road today, it was still a very good way to cap off a great weekend of running.

I met a group of 5 experienced runners this morning at Bayview and York Mills. I had forgotten how beautiful that area was. Three of these runners were quite faster than I was but I was happy that I was able to keep up with them for most of the run.

Because of all the races I've done recently, I haven't had a chance to do back to back long runs which were a staple of my training in the winter months. After running for close to 3.5 hours in the trails on Saturday, it was nice to push myself to run 2 hours today.

What made the run even more special was the fact that I was able to get even more advice from people who I look up to in the ultra running community. All of them are so helpful and willing to give any advice, tips on training or whatever I need from them.

I'm debating whether to do another 10+ mile run tomorrow or do a light weight training workout. I guess I'll make my decision in the morning.

No comments: