Monday, June 23, 2008

On to my next challenge......Creemore on July 5th

I took yesterday off to rest and reflect on my race and now it's on to my next race on July 5th. It's called the Creemore Vertical challenge and it promises to be a hard race. Since this will be my first time doing it, my main objective is to finish.

I did some weight lifting today and feel much better because of it. I've increased the weight a little bit on most of the exercises and have been paying close attention to strengthening my quads and hamstrings.

Tomorrow I'll be back onto the trails and into my regular running routine. I'm still amazed at how I've been able to bounce back from each race without missing a beat. I may have lost some speed but my endurance is better than it ever was when I was strictly doing 1/2 marathons and marathons.

In prepartion for my next race, I'm going to be doing some hill work which will consist of doing a few sets of running up and down some hills. I'll either do this at the trails or on the roads. Usually this would have been done weeks ago but I figure it's never too late and this should help to improve my ability to run some of the hills at my next race.

No comments: