Monday, June 09, 2008

So, what's next?

After completing my last race on the weekend and giving myself the customary 24 hours to reflect on it, it's time once again to look towards my next goal.

I had hoped to do the 50K race in Niagara Falls in two weeks but family committments will not allow that to happen. That race has special meaning to me as it was the first time I completed an ultra-marathon (2006).

However, in my quest to do as many "first time" races as possible, I have turned my attention to the race on July 7th. It is called the Creemore Vertical Challenge:


Many of the trail runners I spoke with on Saturday told me how difficult that race is so the fact that I have about a month to train for it will suit me well.

My legs are feeling surprisingly good and I will be hitting either the trails or the roads tomorrow for an hour or so. I took today off from running but did some weight lifting for about an hour.

No comments: