Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blame it on the music

Today the plan was to go nice and easy for just over 6 miles. Unfortunately my body had other ideas but I’m placing the blame squarely on my new mp3 player.

During my run yesterday my mp3 player died a sudden death, probably from getting too much water, and I had to get a new one. It’s amazing how small they are making these things. I purchased one that was about ½ the size of my old one.

Today I felt very strong and tried my best to hold myself back but it was not going to happen today. Instead, I ran for just over 9 miles and loved every minute of it. Every time I wanted to stop, a song would come on that I hadn’t heard in a long time and it made me want to run. I mean, who can stop running when they hear the theme song to “Rocky?” (LOL)

People have often told me that they are motivated by what I’ve been able to accomplish and it is flattering and overwhelming at times as I really don’t feel like I’m doing anything that lots of people do. I do realize that I’m much focused and have made a commitment to living a healthy lifestyle. To some that means sacrificing certain things but I don’t see it that way. I am constantly motivated by the clients I see on a daily basis and that’s what keeps me going. I also know that music during my running can really pump me up emotionally. I feel so energized after a run and I can’t wait until the next time I lace up my shoes.

No comments: