Friday, June 27, 2008

Looking the part is very important

I had my 2nd run this afternoon with a client who continues to amaze me. I have been teaching her how to run for the past 9 weeks and today was her first attempt at running 10 minutes without stopping. It truly was a milestone event for her and I couldn't have been more proud of her and what she has accomplished.

Way to go Karen!!!!

After our run I was approached by a gentleman who saw me stretching. He commented that I must be a long distance runner. This caught me off guard as I know I am very hard on myself. I still have a hard time believing people when they say that I "look" like a runner. It's a compliment that I love to hear though.

Because I'm in a field where there is plenty of skepticism, I need to ensure that I stay in the best shape possible. I mean, who would take me seriously when I talk about living a healthy lifestyle if I spent most of my free time watching tv and eating potato chips? It's not always easy living up to high expectations, and I know that I place huge expectations on myself, but I'm pleased when people stop and take notice. It makes all those hours of running seem worth while.

No comments: