Thursday, May 24, 2007

Running this week

This week I've been doing plenty of "ME" runs and I've noticed something very interesting. Although my intent is to go out at an easy pace, I find that by the time I've finished I've run quite a bit faster than I had intended. What surprises me more than anything is the fact that it "feels" like I'm running slowly. This week I've run a total of 45KM's and my average pace for these have been a 5:05 min/K.
Tomorrow I will be running between 32-36K and I'm looking forward that run as I get to run it with one of my best friends. It seems like forever since we've been able to run together so it will be nice to catch up on some gossip....
The training I'm doing now will prepare me for my 50K race in June. I feel like I have a good base now so I don't think I will do too much speed/track work. Instead I'll just focus on my long runs and more of the runs on my own.

No comments: