Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Running + Great Friends = an amazing time!

I just finished running 20K with two amazing runners and I felt energized afterwards. It's funny but I seemed to get stronger the longer I was out there and today I felt like I could have run forever. Some days are better than others and today was just one of those days. I didn't suffer from cramping, my pace was nice and even (maybe a little fast at times right Nancy?). We did a challenging route with a few tough hills and even did a mini trail run into Greenwood Park.
The weather wasn't as hot as it was last Friday which seemed to help. This was a good training run in preparation for the 50K in June. We'll do another long run on Sunday of 32K and then start to bring the mileage down to prepare for that race. I'm trying not to call it a "race" as I don't want to put a time goal on myself (although I do want to improve upon last year). This will be the first 50K for two of my friends and I don't want them to experience what I did last year so we'll run together for as long as we can.
Tomorrow I will probably do between 8-10K, rest on Friday and then either do a trail run or walk on Saturday and the 32K run on Sunday.
With two races planned for June (Mud Run June 10th and 50K June 23rd) it is shaping up to be a great month of running!

No comments: