Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My next few races




These last few days have been amazing days to run in so after taking the weekend off to spend time with my 2 boys, I ran 15 and 11K' over the last two days.
There are times when I hesitate ever so slightly before going out on a run. However, after the first few strides on the road I realize that I've made the right choice to run.
It's been a little awkward just running with no game plan with regards to speed or distance. That will change next week when I start preparing for my 50K run on June 23rd. My kids and I are also going to do a "Mud Run" in the middle of June (see picture above from that race). Of all the races that I've done in the past, this one was one of my favorites and having my kids there this year will make it even more special.

In preparation for my 50K race I'll need to schedule in at least 2 long runs between now and the week before the race. I'm hoping to do a long run this week and another one the following week (38K and 42K). Depending on my schedule this week, though, I may have to break up the runs into 2, 20+ kilometer runs in the morning and in the afternoon.

It's hard to believe, but I've been running for 2 years now. During these last 2 years I think I've probably run at least 520 days out of a possible 730 (possibly more). No wonder my feet are sore most of the time......

No comments: