Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mississauga Running Expo report....

There really wasn't much to see and do at this running expo. Nancy and I went right as it opened at 10AM. After finding our race numbers we were able to get our racing bib and running chip as well as a few goodies all found in our racing package.
We met up with Nancys' sister, which was the best part of the day. I was able to find myself a new shirt which I will be wearing at the race on Sunday. When I look back at all of my races, I noticed that I wear pretty much the same outfit for each race, especially the ones over 30K. They have brought me good luck in the past but I wanted something "sporty" to wear for this race. With the help from Nancy and her sister, I think I found the right shirt.

On the way to and from the expo, Nancy and I were able to have a great talk about our running and how much it means to us. It was also a great opportunity to talk strategy for the race with regards to when to stop for water breaks, the mental barriers we will have to work through and the pain that will pop up unexpectedly that we'll have to deal with.

The plan was for me to go for a light run on Saturday but Nancy was able to convince me that this wasn't the smart thing to do. I'll probably meet up with a few friends and go for a little walk in the Rouge Valley instead.

No comments: