Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I've got a peaceful easy feeling......



There are many people who have influenced me not only with regards to my running. Most, if not all, of them are in the picture that you see above this post.
That picture was taken from a trail race last year and I can't wait until I can return to the trails in a few weeks.
My running "twin" understands my passion for running more than anyone else so it was nice to run with her this morning. It's so funny to hear us talk so much about running as neither one of us seems to get bored of the other as we talk about our next running goals even when we haven't even finished the marathon yet.

Today's run was a good confidence booster for me and considering that it will be my last run until Sunday, it was something that I needed badly.

It was a good chance to me to reflect on how lucky I am to have amazing friends who have seen my ups and downs and who have stood by me when I needed them most.

Over the next few days I will talk more specifically about each of the last two marathons that I've competed in. The first marathon I did was all about just doing one to say that I did it. The 2nd was done more on angry emotion and little training. This upcoming marathon is the first actual marathon that I have trained properly for both emotionally and physically. I was joking today about how each marathon has been like a three part movie and the finale will be shown this Sunday in Mississauga.

For anyone interested in attending here is the information:
http://www.mississaugamarathon.com/

No comments: