Wednesday, May 16, 2007

On the road again.....

Today I decided to go for a nice easy 8K run. It was so nice not having to run a certain distance or a certain speed. I just went out with my music and hit the road. The weather was perfect and I was careful, or I thought, about not going too fast and just ran at a comfortable pace. Before I knew it though, what started out as a 5:45 pace quickly turned into a 4:45 pace with little effort. I think I just needed this run for me to shake the bad feelings I had from Sundays race. I'll probably run a few more times this week and next, and then start training for my next race in June (50K) and the Toronto Marathon at the end of September. Along the way I'll probably do a few fun races with my friends. Running today brought back all the good memories of why I run in the first place. On the road/trail is where I find my peace and it is my "drug" that I need on a constant basis.

No comments: