Saturday, May 26, 2007

Kids and running

I was happy to read in this months Runners World magazine a good article about running and children. Most of it focused on how and when to introduce running to children.
I've often talked about how much I enjoy watching my kids run, especially in the trails. Today, my youngest asked me if we could run together. I'm sure he noticed the large smile on my face and of course I said "Yes!"
The three of us, his big brother also came, went to the Rotary Park. We then did some light running together all at the same pace. This was the first of hopefully many runs we will do together. We played a game of "tag" to keep things interesting as we all know that children have short attention spans. Keeping the running fun and interesting is the best idea so at different times we would play different running games.
After the run my youngest asked me about running and how he should swing his arms. They both really seemed to enjoy it today which of course made me very proud.
They will be doing the Mud Run on June 10th and they seem really excited about this.

No comments: