Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My last track workout this morning

This morning Ken and I headed over to the track for my last workout there for quite some time.

I did my first "ladder" workout which consisted of a set of 200M, 400M, 1000M, 400M and then a 200M (I think that was it-lol). I completed them all below race pace time so I felt very good about the workout.
Since Ken has seen me train closer than anyone since January I asked him what time he thought I could realistically run for Mississauga. I was encouraged by what he told me but I won't share that on my blog. I'm only telling a few of my closest friends what he feels I can do as I want to have some mystery for Sunday.
I have three goals for Sunday. One of them is to run the marathon in 3 hours and 30 minutes. The other two goals I will reveal after my race.

Tomorrow I will running for the last time until Wednesday. As tough as the tapering is for me mentally, my body will appreciate the rest I'm sure. I already have enough things to keep me distracted between now and Sunday and many of those involve my couch, the remote control and carbohydrates.

No comments: