Thursday, May 01, 2008

Most of my dreams are about running

I know big surprise right? Well last night was a doozy. I dreamt that I was doing the 100 mile race when one of my friends got hurt. He was exactly half-way through the 20KM loop so it didn't matter if he went forwards or backwards, it was still going to take him a long time to get to an aid station. I decided that I would help him but because he couldn't put any weight on his ankle, I had to hold him up like a human crutch, and walk with him. The walk took hours and it was so early in the morning that all both of us could think of was getting some help. On a side note, in my dream, I was feeling incredibly fresh and ready to run but trail running is more than just about personal accomplishments. To me, a true trail runner doesn't leave an injured runner behind. The fact that doing this good deed put my own race in jeopardy barely crossed my mind.

When we finally made it to the aid station I made sure that my friend was alright before I continued onwards. I knew that finishing within the 30 hour time-limit was going to be difficult and most of me didn't want to continue. However, after getting some much needed encouragement, I went on and finished the race.

I have no idea what this dream was telling me but I do know that I woke up with a smile on my face.

No comments: