Saturday, May 31, 2008

Back on the trails today

A funny thing happened to me on the way to my Saturday morning run in the Rouge Valley. The group that I normally run with decided to run at the Seaton Trail instead. I didn't get the notification of the change as most thought that I would still be recovering from last weekend's race. I guess they don't know me that well (LOL)

In any case, I left the Rouge parking lot just shortly after 8 AM. My shin wasn't as sore as yesterday's run but now my left hip started to bother me. I ran nice and slow and walked most of the longer hills.

At the half-way point of the run, I started to feel a little better and picked up my pace. I managed to run every hill on the way back which I was proud of. Towards the end of the run the sun shone through the trees and it felt like there was a gigantic spotlight on me. It reminded me of a scene from a movie and I had to say out loud how amazing this was.

Tomorrow I will do a semi-long run. I'd like to run for at least a couple of hours but it will depend on how I'm feeling. I have another race next weekend so it's better that I just run for as long as I can and not worry too much about the distance or how fast I'm going. Who knows, maybe I'll even leave my watch behind tomorrow. I have to chuckle at the thought of a "long" run being 2 hours. After running for 19 hours last weekend, those long runs don't seem so long anymore.

No comments: