Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Change something or don't expect results

There are a few things that are absolutes in this world (death and taxes) while the rest is up for debate.

For example, you can have two brilliant scientists argue about a topic. Each of them presents compelling arguments and it's up to you to decide who to believe.

When I first meet with a new client I go over with them not only their eating habits but their "life" habits as well. If I can get them to change just one thing in their life then I feel like I have had some success.

Too many people, however, are reluctant to change their behaviour for fear of the unknown. Even when a plan is laid out in front of them and they are explained the science behind it, they don't want to change. This becomes the hardest part of my job. Trying to convince someone that by doing "X" they will achieve "Y" is difficult when they want to change the equation. I've yet to give up on a client and as long as they have the desire to change their lifestyle I can help them achieve their goals.

No comments: