Monday, September 10, 2007

What's next?

After taking yesterday and today off from any type of physical activity, I'll do some light biking tomorrow before going out for a small run on Wednesday.

The biggest thing for me to do now is to pick my next race. I usually have several races lined up but because the running season is winding down, there are only a few races left.

I was worried that I may not be ready, physically to do another marathon in October (Toronto) as I haven't done too much speed work. However, I'm sure that once I start out on the roads again, my drive will return and I'll sign up for that race.

My body feels like it has been going non-stop since April as I've completed a marathon, a 30K race, a 32K trail race and two 50K races in the span of 6 months. Fortunately I've managed to stay relatively healthy through all of this and I want to ensure that I stay that way so I can enjoy running in the winter months.

No comments: