Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Nothing to do now but sit and wait until Saturday...

This morning I had my last run before my race. It was a steady 12K run and I tried my best to slow it down. Knowing that it was my last run for awhile, I really made this run fun. There were some great songs that came on my MP3 player just when I needed them. I think I passed about 3 other runners and a few walkers this morning which was great to see since I left my house just after 6:00 AM.

The weather today was perfect for running. There was a light chill in the air but as soon as I finished my first 2 KM’s, the weather began to warm up and the decision to wear light clothing paid off.

Since this was the first day of school, I also ran by several students. I was thinking back to when I was there age and hoped that I inspired even one of them to start running. Sometimes I wonder how much my life would have been different had I discovered my love of running earlier in my life. I tend not to look back too much but that is one thing that I think about from time to time.

As I spoke to my clients today, they all wished me luck in my race and most were shocked when I told them the distance that I was running and how long it would take me. One lady has even started to run so I think that my constant chatter about my love of running has rubbed off on her (LOL).

I’ll use these next 3 days to rest, relax and recover. While it won’t be easy, I’ll do my best to comply. However, if I’m extra grumpy this week you’ll know it’s because I’m not running!

No comments: