Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Running Gods smiled on me today

I am a firm believer in the Running Gods theory and after today I'm even more convinced.

There I was, towards the end of my 12.5 KM run this morning, listening contently to my music. I purposely set my music to random play so I never know what kind of song is going to come on. I've noticed that my running speed mimics whatever song comes on. Sometimes a really good song will come on, which I haven't eard in months (I have close to 300 songs downloaded)and today was one of those days. A song by Phil Collins called "Wish it would rain" came on and I thought about how long it's been since I was able to run in the rain. It's without a doubt my favorite weather to run in. Part of why I enjoy it so much is because I usually see people who look surprised to see me running in it. If they only knew how much I enjoy it though.

With less than 1 KM left in my run, I started to feel a slight drizzle. I couldn't believe my luck. Not only was I running in the rain but I was listening to a song about about it at the same time. I'm sure the people driving their cars today probably thought I was crazy as I had this huge smile on my face.

What made today even more interesting is that I usually do a trail run on Tuesdays but decided against it today as several of my friends were unable to join me.

Today's run will be one that started out like a normal one, but definitely had a special ending to it.

No comments: