Thursday, September 13, 2007

My reverse taper is working well so far

I did a small run today (9 KM's) but was very sore when I started out. I was no doubt feeling the effects of yesterdays' run after taking the previous 3 days off. I'll do one more run on Friday and then rest for the weekend.

When Monday morning comes around I should be well rested both physically and mentally. It will be at that point when I'll pick my next race.

Right now, the thought of running anything more than 12-15 KM's doesn't interest me and I probably only have one more long race left inside of me for this year. I'm leaning towards doing another 50 KM trail race but I'll make that decision next week.

I'll use the weekend to look back on not only my last race but the races I've done this past year (all 8 of them). It's good to do some reflecting on what I have accomplished before looking ahead to future goals. One of the things I'm most grateful for is my ability to stay healthy for yet another year. I know so many people who have had a difficult time staying healthy and Ifeel fortunate that I've been able to remain in good shape throughout this year.

No comments: