Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thank you!

This will be my last post before I leave for Haliburton and I just wanted to say thanks to all those who have wished me well. The emails from my clients have been overwhelming and the chocolate brownies that one of my clients made for me will be a nice treat after my race on Saturday (LOL).

I still can't believe what I'm about to do and it seems like just yesterday that I was running in the trails for the first time. When I started running trails I always envisioned doing a 50K and eventually more, but it didn't occur to me that it would be happening only two years into my running.

I'm very nervous and excited at the same time and with a 3 hour car ride tomorrow afternoon, I'm sure my emotions will be overflowing by the time I get my race kit. I don't know what is worse, the prospect of running for 7 hours or the 3 hour drive home afterwards. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

This week I talked to my clients about reaching for their goals and never letting anyone come between them. I'd like to think that I try to live my life that way so when I speak to them I really am just reinforcing my own belief system. I've had to overcome many obstacles in my life to get to where I am, as everyone does, and although the journey has been very rough at times I'd like to think that I am a better person because of it.

Thanks again for your support and my next post will be a report on my race!

No comments: