Friday, September 14, 2007

Finding the time to do what I love to do

I hear so many excuses from people who claim that they simply don't have the time to exercise or make healthy eating choices. While I'm sympathetic to many, especially those that have small children as I do, there comes a point when you have to start making your healthy lifestyle a priority.

This morning was a perfect example of that. I knew that if I didn't get a run in this morning I wouldn't be able to run again until Monday. My only option was to get up at 4:30 and go for a run at 5 AM. It's been a long time since I've run the streets of Ajax at 5 AM but today was that day.

I knew that once I started going I'd be fine and that's exactly what happened. I realize that changing your lifestyle is not an easy thing to do but unless you make it a priority you will find any excuse not to start. Have a great weekend and for those of you participating in the Terry Fox run/walk, good luck!

No comments: