Saturday, August 11, 2007

What an amazing day!

Even though the day isn't over, I've already had a complete one.
For me, there's nothing like starting the day off with a run and to make it even better, I ran in the trails with 5 amazing runners. I wanted to keep my pace nice and steady and I kept thinking about my 32K trail race which is one week away. If I can duplicate this pace I'll be happy. We did about 11.5K in the trails but I felt so good that I knew I had to do something else.

On the drive home I contemplated doing another 10K run or going for a long bike ride. I was able to contact a good friend who is an amazing rider and runner. Unfortunately her injury has temporarily put her running on hold but she is still able to bike. We had an a great 32K ride and I'm still full of energy. It's hard not to get invigorated by the energy of the sun and the weather is just right for any type of activity whether it's running, biking, rollerblading or walking.

Yes, there are chores that need to be done around the house but not taking advantage of such an amazing day would be a huge mistake. If I'm not careful I may go for another run later today.....

No comments: