Thursday, August 16, 2007

One down......one to go!

Today I did what I was told and resisted the urge to workout and opted for a day of rest instead.

My knees are starting to feel the pain as they heal themselves as are my feet. I actually found it nice to sleep in until 7AM this morning and will hopefully do the same tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be all about getting all the last minute items I'll need for my race. This will include gels, electrolytes and possibly a new outfit. I'll need to get to bed early tomorrow night as I'll be leaving for my race at 5:45 AM. I think that I'm equally as excited about running in the evening as I am for my own race so getting plenty of rest will be crucial tomorrow.

In addition, I'll have to make sure that I'm well hydrated and I will also have either a pizza or pasta supper on Friday evening (I'm leaning towards pizza).

I usually like to watch an inspirational movie the night before a race so it will probably be Remember the Titans or Rudy. If I'm in the mood for a comedy though I may pick up the movie "Friday" with Chris Tucker and Ice Cube. I guess it will all depend on my mood tomorrow.

No comments: