Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My last long run before my race

Today was the last chance to get that long run in before my race on September 8th. I ended up doing 21K and by the end my body had felt like it had just gone 12 rounds with the heavyweight boxing champion.

The effects of running 100+KM's has started to show up in places where normally I don't feel much pain (toes, knees and hips). These are good signs that my body is in a "stop or else" mode and I better listen to it.

It's nice to know that I can count on one hand the number of runs I have until my race (4). Of these 4, none will be longer than 12KM's.

During my run I talked to my friend about how nice it will be to sleep in past 5 AM for a change. Today's run started out in the dark and it wasn't until we reached the 5KM mark did the sun start to come up.

The run today was a good way for both of us to talk about Haliburton and the challenges that it will present. I told her that Haliburton was without a doubt my toughest race but that the Iroquois Trail Test that we just completed, wasn't far behind. I think that that will give us confidence for Haliburton. I guess we'll find out next weekend.

No comments: