Thursday, August 30, 2007

No rain today.......too bad!

When I woke up this morning and noticed that it was overcast, I was hoping that it would rain during my run. My kids and I even joked about it as they know how much I enjoy running in the rain. I usually run with a small water bottle but because it looked like it was going to rain, I decided against it.

Unfortunately, the running Gods didn't look down on me today as the rain never materialized. It seems like such a long time since I've been able to run in the rain and I hope I can get that opportunity between now and next week.

I'll be running just one more time this week before taking the weekend off to rest. I'll probably go for a long nature walk at some point on the weekend as well as doing some biking on my stationary bike.

By this time next week I'll be feeling the butterflies for sure. I was telling one of the trainers today about my race and specifically how long I think it will probably take (7 hours) and the look on his face was priceless. Sometimes when I look at the amount of time it should take it does seem a little overwhelming. However, I feel that I have trained properly for this event and now it's time to see how prepared I am.

No comments: