Monday, June 04, 2007

Running in the rain

Today the plan was to run a nice easy 8-10K. After doing 32K yesterday I was a little sore for about 1-2 hours and then I was feeling fine. It still amazes me at how quickly my body is able to recover. When I first started running it took days for some of the soreness to go away and now 2 years later I'm healing faster.

When I woke up and saw that it was raining I had a big smile on my face. Running in the rain is something that I love to do. I think it has something to do with feeling "cleansed" while running. Another thing that I love is to see the looks on some of the drivers or people waiting in bus shelters. I'm sure they are probably thinking that this guy is nuts for running. I make sure that as I pass them I have a big smile on my face so they know that I am truly happy doing what I am doing. There isn't a weather condition that has prevented me from running and I like the fact that no matter the weather, I will be going for my run.

Today's run was 10k and I felt very strong towards the end. I'll probably do another 10K on Tuesday and Wednesday and then a long run on Thursday of 20K. I'm counting down the hours until the MudRun this Sunday. The fact that my kids will be doing their own mud run at the race on Sunday is what really is exciting me.
Participating in sports with your kids is the best way to show them all about the importance of a healthy lifestyle.

No comments: