Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My mini tempo run today

Since I'm doing a long run tomorrow (20K) the plan for this morning was do between 8-10K at a nice easy pace. Unfortunately my feet obviously didn't get my memo as I ran faster than I had intended.

I have approximately 100 songs on my MP3 player and I set the play list to "random" so I never know what kind of song I'm going to get. I purposely have a mix of some slow and fast songs and today's run seemed to have more fast than slow songs. In fact, at the 8K mark, one of my favorite songs came on (Free Bird by Lynard Skynard) so I just had to keep going until the song finished.
After my run I realized that I had just run 9K in 43 minutes (4:45 min/K). It was nice to know that without evening consciously doing anything, I was able to do this pace.

I still have conflicting thoughts about the 50K race/run. I have two scenarios which keep playing inside my head. One of them is running with my friends for most of the race and finishing together. The other one sees me feeling good and just wanting to run my own pace and see what happens. Whatever scenario plays out, I want to make sure and do better than I did last year.

My kids and I will be running in the "Mud Run" this Sunday
http://www.mudrun.ca/
I'll be so happy to see them having fun running in the Mud as I know that this race was one of my favorites from last year. What makes this race even more special is the fact that most of my closest friends will also be there. I'm hoping that my kids will realize how much fun running can be.

No comments: