Friday, June 29, 2007

Having "success" is contagious

This morning, two of my clients had personal breakthoughs and the smile on both of their faces was bright enough to light up the room.

One of them was so distraught just 10 days earlier, that I thought I may not see her again. When she arrived in my office this morning she was so happy to tell me that she had lost 4 pounds and that her clothes were fitting much better. When I met with her and went over the philosophy of my program, I could tell that she was having some doubt about whether this would work for her. She had been on many "diets" in the past and although she lost some weight on them, the weight eventually came back. This week as she went over the changes she had made in her "lifestyle" (including going for a walk every morning) she said how easy it was for her.

The second lady achieved her desired weight goal today and she also was thrilled with what she had done. In total, she has lost over 50 pounds. After returning from vacation and not able to exercise, she said to me that she realizes how important it is for her to get back to the gym/exercising on a regular basis. With some minor adjustments to her diet (adding more carbohydrates) she is confident that she will keep off the weight.

I am so proud of both of these women and the many others that I see at the gym on a regular basis. Once you see some positive changes take place within yourself, it makes you want to continue to see results take place. What's important to remember is that these changes may not always be what's on the weight scale. I talk to my clients about looking for things like improved digestion, energy levels and sleeping. Once I get them to not focus so much on the scale, I see them relaxing more and they realize that how they feel is more important than how they look.
Congratulations to both of you, you made my weekend start off on the right foot!

No comments: