Friday, June 15, 2007

Enjoying a day of rest

Today I took a day off from running and decided to use one of the eliptical machines at the gym for 70 minutes. My legs are feeling a little tired and with my 50K race now only 8 days away, I'm starting to get those butterflies again.

Tomorrow I'm going to either sleep in and do nothing OR run for 10K. I'll decide when I get up how I'm feeling. It's very hard for me to take time off from running or exercising but I know that my body probably needs the rest.

I still haven't decided on whether to carbo load next week or not. I'm leaning towards just slightly tweaking my diet and trying to incorporate more potassium rich foods (bananas, potatoes) and see if that helps with my cramping problems. I'm also going to use more E-Load supplements this week and may even look into a pottassium supplement as well.

My weight has dropped to 156 pounds and I'm hoping that the lighter weight will make a difference on race day. I'd like to run the race at around 155 so that should be attainable by next weekend. I've noticed that I seem to be running a little lighter on my feet these past few weeks.

I'm going to offset the lack of running next week, while I taper, with some cardio either at the gym or at home on my exercise bike. This will allow me to keep my sanity and allow me to run the race at the weight that I want.

No comments: