Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Change of plans

After visiting my "Mecca" today (aka the Pickering Running Room) and looking at the water bottle attached to my hand, I was convinced by the lovely ladies there (Maureen and Nancy) that this would be too cumbersome to use in a race.
Instead I'm going to use a smaller water bottle attached to my hip. I use a similar type pouch to hold my MP3 player so having another one to wear should not be an issue.
I'll probably also bring along my water belt just in case I decide to use it. I'd prefer not to run with it as I remember how annoying the water belt was towards the end of the 50K race last year. At one point I remember taking the belt off and putting it over my shoulder.
The water bottle they showed me holds about 6-8 oz. of water so that should be enough to keep me hydrated in between water stations.
Thanks Ladies!

No comments: