Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Looking forward to tapering next week!

Today I did a steady 11K run (5:08 min/K). As I started out, though, I wasn't sure how long I was going to be able to run for. My legs are starting to feel a little tired and "heavy." That's usually a good sign that I need to start to take some time to let my body heal. With the 50K race just 10 days away, this will be my last week of heavy running. In fact, I'll probably just run two more times this week (Thursday and Saturday) and twice the following week (Monday and Tuesday) and then rest up for the race on Saturday.
I've mentioned before how difficult it is for me to stop running because I find it so beneficial to me both physically and mentally. Riding my bike or doing the eliptical at the gym just isn't the same. However, I know that I will benefit from taking some time off so I'll listen to my body and do the right thing.
If you see someone at the gym doing some eliptical training on Friday who looks like they would be happier outside, don't be shocked, it'll probably be me.

No comments: