Friday, April 20, 2007

What a difference the sun can make!

Finally! After running in snow, wind, rain, thunderstorms and everything in between, I finally had back to back good running weather.

On Thursday morning I did my 16K time trial. I was supposed to do this run on Saturday but I will be volunteering at the Seaton Trail Race on that day. Today I did my floating fartlek run and once again the weather was fantastic.

I can't believe what a difference not having to wear heavy clothes can make as I felt so much faster these last few days. I just hope that the weather is like this on the day of my Marathon in May as I look forward to running in shorts and a short sleeve shirt.

On Sunday many of my friends and I will be running 36K in Mississauga. After running the last 5 dayson my own, it will be nice to run with my friends.

For those of you who have promised yourself that once the weather got nice you would take up running I urge you to get outside and go for a run/walk this weekend as the weather will be great.

No comments: