Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My energy and spirit have returned!

I'm not sure what got me down this past weekend but whatever it is has passed and I just finished an amazing track workout with my coach.

I did 4 sets of 800M repeats in 2:20 with 2 minutes of rest in between. I seemed to get stronger towards the end, probably, as Ken said because I wanted it to be over.

On Friday he leaves for Boston with the Marathon on Monday. He and some of my friends will be going there as well. Just the thought of some day running in that Marathon brought my energy up.
In addition, on our way from the track, Ken said to me as he looked at the Sun rising, "That is why I run!"

We talked about how some people are just now hitting the snooze button or reaching for their 2nd or 3rd cup of coffee. It's amazing how great you feel after completing a run first thing in the morning and what a great start to the day it is.

I need to remember, sometimes, that first and foremost the running has got to be FUN or nothing else will matter. In my quest for qualifying for Boston, it is something that I need to keep reminding myself about.

No comments: