Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Back to work

After taking a day off to rest, I went back to work today with a great track workout.
The original plan was to do between 6-7 800M repeats but after doing the first 800M, Ken told me to do 2 sets of 1600M with the goal of doing the 1600M in 7 minutes.
I actually didn't mind this as mentally I could focus on just doing 2 "sets" of this instead of 6-7 sets.
I managed to do the first 1600M in about 6:45 and then the next 1600M in just over 7 minutes. I finished the workout by doing one more 800M in 3:10.
I can't believe how much energy I had today and I'm sure taking the day off yesterday had plenty to do with that. It's also nice not having to wear a ton of clothes as the weather starts to warm up.
Tomorrow I will be doing between 12-15K.
I feel that I'm ready for the Marathon and now it's all about staying healthy between now and the 13th of May.

No comments: