Thursday, April 05, 2007

A runner for all seasons!

What a change in weather we have seen these past two days.

It started on Wednesday morning when I did a 15K run in the rain and finished today with an 8K interval workout in the snow/cold. Just when I thought I'd be looking at running in warmer temperatures we get hit by this bizarre weather.

I've yet to stop running because of the weather outside but that doesn't mean that it's fun either. However, just knowing that I CAN run in any type of weather gives me the confidence to keep going. There are days when I ask myself "why am I doing this again?" However, as soon as I take my first few steps I realize that it's because I love it and need it to make my day complete. A part of me enjoys battling the elements and knowing that there aren't too many runners who would brave the elements like I and most of my running friends do.

Tomorrow will be a day of rest followed by a 16K time trial (1:20 minutes) and then a 25K slow run on Easter Sunday.

No comments: