Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Running with a purpose

It seems that most of my runs have so much to do with my training for my marathon that I forget sometimes how much I truly enjoy just running. Today when I went out for my 15K run I repeated to myself how happy I was to be running so early in the morning.

As I passed the 5K mark the Sun was just beginning to rise and it was an amazing site to see. I instantly became more energized and the rest of my run was a breeze.

I tried out a new fuel belt that Ken had leant me and it was amazing. I'll definately have to get one of these.

Tonight at the Pickering Running Room there will be a mini sendoff party for those who are going to run the Boston Marathon on Monday. I'll be bringing my kids by as I wouldn't miss this for anything.

No comments: