Monday, May 01, 2006

Marathon training update April 29-May1.06

Lending a helping hand!
This weekend I did a 10K run in support of an Eating Disorders clinic in London. Not only was this race for a great cause, it was also an opportunity to help someone train for an upcoming marathon in December.
My girlfriend is trying to raise money for The Arthritis Society ( http://cassandrakicksas.blogspot.com/) and this was her first race in over a year. I was very proud of her accomplishments and though it was difficult to slow my pace down at times, I knew this was going to help her reach her goal of completing her marathon.
After running the 10K however, I felt like I needed to run more K's to get ready for my own marathon in less than 2 weeks so I ran another 10K at my pace.
On Sunday I decided not to run but instead did 1 hour of cardio at the gym.
Today I took yet another day off from running, not easy considering the great weather, and went to the gym this morning at 5AM. I did a light weight workout and then did 1 hour of biking in the afternoon.
Tonight I'm going to do a nutrition talk at the running room in Pickering and I'm looking forward to "spreading my gospel of nutrition" to fellow runners and walkers.
I'd like to run on Tuesday, Wednesday and a light run on Thursday as I have a 30K trail race on Saturday. I'm hoping that this distance will prepare me for my marathon on the 14th.

No comments: