Sunday, May 28, 2006

Post-Race thoughts!

After having completed my first marathon and a 25k trail run in the past 14 days, my body is in need of some serious rest.
Trail running takes so much more effort to complete than a road race but the race day experience is what draws me to complete even more races. I managed to complete the course in 2:32 which I was happy with. It wasn't as technical as Seaton but it had some of the longest hills I've seen in quite some time. Thankfully the start time was early enough (7:30) to avoid some of the heat and humidity. I was able to see some of my friends who were doing the 100 MILE race. This is something I would love to do in a few years.
The nutrition for completing a 100 mile race is something to behold. Many of the runners had their own coolers with plenty of food and beverages on hand. This ranged from fruits, potatoes, sport gels, pretzels, and gummy bears.
I'll likely take a few days off but be back at it by no later than Tuesday of this week.

No comments: