Thursday, April 27, 2006

Marathon Training Update April 25-27

I did about 9K on Wednesday afternoon and even went to the gym on Wednesday evening around 11PM for an hour of some cross training. I've been doing so much running lately that I've lost interest in weight training altogether. I realize the importance of it but it's hard to fit it in to my schedule. I also feel that working at a gym has made it hard to be there when I don't HAVE to.
Nonetheless I'm going to try to do some cross training two times per week.
Today I ran about 17K in the morning. I've had to alter my running schedule slightly to fit into my work schedule so this has been my 4th consecutive day of running. I'm looking forward to taking tomorrow off.
I will be running a 10K race in London to support Eating Disorders. This cause is obviously close to my heart so I'm looking forward to running in this event. I'm not a big fan of 10K races but it will be nice chance to run a different route than I'm accustomed to.
It will also give me a chance to break in my new running shoes. Being the novice runner that I am, I've been need of new shoes for about a month or two. I've been told that a good running shoe will last about 600 kilometers. I've been running approximately 60-70K a week for the past 5 months........
I visited a great running store today and got some good words of wisdom about how to handle my first marathon race. Although the advice was well intentioned, it also scared me a little. These next few weeks are going to be very important and I'll need to make sure that my body is well conditioned and rested for the marathon.

No comments: