Friday, May 26, 2006

My next race!

I know it's been awhile since my last post but I've been busy trying to organize my races for the next few months.
The beauty of racing is that as soon as I cross the finish line of the race I'm doing I'm already thinking about my next race.
Tomorrow I have a 25K trail race in Sulphur Springs, which is near Hamilton. Trail running is my first love and it seems like it's been months since I've had a trail race so I'm looking forward to doing this race.
Now that my marathon is behind me I'm going to focus on doing more trail races with the hope of doing a 50K trail race near the end of the season. I may do another marathon to prepare for the 50K as I know it will be my toughest run to date.
After the marathon I took 2 days off from running and then did a few light runs on Wednesday and Thursday. I went away on a much needed vacation for 5 days and although the weather wasn't great, it was nice to just get away and reflect on the marathon. I was and still am surprised at how non-runners view a marathon race. I've been met with nothing but smiles and congratulations whenever I tell people that I completed a marathon.
My eating wasn't the greatest over the weekend but I managed to exercise daily which helped. If you are not on a good "lifestyle" plan then whenever you overeat you risk the chance of gaining and keeping fat. Because my plan is NOT a low calorie "diet" my clients rarely gain weight when they go off the plan for a day or two. To learn more about how my program works feel free to email me:
gregdcruz@rogers.com

No comments: