Friday, May 22, 2009

Putting the past behind me

'C S Lewis' Quote

"Has this world been so kind to you that
you should leave with regret? There are better
things ahead than any we leave behind."

And so, I am about to embark on yet another race. I've lost count actually about how many I've done but I'm sure it's somewhere in the 20 to 30 range, maybe even more. This year will be like no other because I really want to put to rest the bad race I had in 2007 at the Mississauga Marathon. Rather than keep talking about my disappointment, this year I plan to actually do something about it.

Even though my first love is still trails, I feel that for me to really go forward, I must get over this stumbling block. Tomorrow I really want to do well, although I am keeping my time goal a secret. I want to come away exhausted both mentally and physically and leave everything I have on the course.

Thanks to all of you for your support, I really do appreciate it.

No comments: