Friday, May 15, 2009

It's been quite the week

As I prepare for my Marathon in September, I also have a few races I want to compete in before then. That left me with a little bit of a problem. Do I start my marathon training now and then skip a week because I have a race next weekend? What distance should I run next Saturday? (25K or 50K) What should next week look like as far as training?
Well, I decided to start my marathon training plan and it was a great decision. One day I ran fast, next day slow, next day up and down hills and tomorrow I'm doing a run on the track followed by a long slow run on Sunday. I really like the variety of the runs even if they are shorter than what I am accustomed to. Sandwiched in between those runs were two really good core/stabilizing workout so it's been a great week of training and dieting.

Next week I will follow the 2nd week of my training but will probably take Thursday and Friday off in preparation for my race next Saturday.

No comments: