Sunday, February 04, 2007

Week 4 training report!

My next race: Peterborough 1/2 Marathon
Sunday February 25th


To sum up how I've felt this week, the best word I could come up with is "exhausted."
From this past Sunday (January 28th) to Friday (February 2nd) my total mileage was just over 90K.
This included 2 LSD's (24 and 25K), 1, 10K temp run, 8 sets of hill repeats and two runs of 12 and 15K.
By the time Friday came around I was physically and emotionally spent.
I took the past two days off from running and decided to ride my stationary bike for 60 minutes on Saturday and 90 minutes on Sunday. I also did some core work. My next scheduled run is a tempo on Tuesday but I may sneak out tomorrow for a light run of no more than 10K.
I've actually enjoyed the last few days as I needed to recover from 7 consecutive days of running.

I have decided not post my weight or eating "scale" anymore after having a great chat with one of my best friends. Instead I will focus more on my training and overall tips for healthy eating.

This week I will be running on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. I prefer this schedule than running for 7 consecutive days but I realize I must work around the fact that I watch my kids every other weekend.

I comend anyone who has braved the cold this past week. It has me dreaming of the spring and summer temperatures which for me can't get here fast enough.
Greg

No comments: