Friday, February 16, 2007

Next up Peterborough 1/2 Marathon

Wow, THAT was a long week! I just finished my last of 7 consecutive runs and I will take the next two days off from pounding the pavement to rest.

This week was an adventure to say the least. It started last Saturday with a great 10K run in the Seaton trail and finished just minutes ago with a 20K run. In between there was a 25K run, a 10K "fun" run, a 10K tempo run, 11K run in the storm,and my first ever "floating fartlek" run of 9K.

I can't believe that my next race is just over 1 week away. I'll most likely run on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (possibly Thursday) and take at least 2-3 days off before the race on Sunday.

My goal is to run between a 1:40 to 1:45 but realistically, if I can better my PB of 1:46 then I'll be happy. Ironically, I posted my best time at this same race last year. They have altered the course for this season though so I'll just play it by ear. The weather will also play a huge factor as last year the temperature was a bone chilling -27C with the wind chill.

Next week also means that I have to start carb-loading for the race either Wednesday or Thursday. What this means is that I will eat more carbohydrates than I normally would and also rest for most of the week after my last run. This will ensure that I will have the maximum amount of energy for my race on Sunday. I will provide a detailed summary as the week progresses.

No comments: