Saturday, February 10, 2007

1 down 6 to go!

Today I started the first of my 7 consecutive days of running by doing what I truly love....a trail run! A group of us met in the middle of the Seaton Trail in Pickering and slipped/slided and ran through the snow and ice for over an hour. we were protected from what little wind there was today and that made for a great experience for all of us. There were enough hills to make this a challenging workout.

I took Friday off from running and instead rode the stationary bike for an hour and did some core training. I'm really starting to enjoy doing this training and feel like my day isn't complete if I miss it.

Tomorrow I will be running between 22 and 25K at a nice slow pace which should take over 2.5 hours to complete. For those runners out there that means I'll be burning plenty of fat as the slow pace will force my body to use fat as a primary source of energy. I'll need to bring about 2 gels along the way, taking one every 45 minutes or so. I'm looking forward to running with this particular group tomorrow as I haven't ran with them in over 1 year!
Greg

No comments: