Monday, February 12, 2007

The "calm before the storm?"

Sunday's run of 25K was a challenging one but still lots of fun. I started out with a group of friends who I haven't run with in years but unfortunately I found that I couldn't do the 10 & 1's (run for 10 minutes, walk for 1) that they were doing as I prefer the 20 and 1's. Three of us ventured off and did a little faster pace and a different route but I was able to meet up with the others at a local coffee shop. It was nice to find out what everyone was up to and I'm hoping to keep in better contact with them. These runners really embody what it means to "run" and you could tell that they were more concerned with just being out there and having "fun" which is something I have to keep reminding myself of.

Today was my "ME" run and I had a blast running 10K with my music. I honestly don't know how I could run without music. During this run I kept thinking about my race in 2 weeks (Peterborough 1/2 marathon) and what time I want to achieve (1:40 to 1:45). I was at a training course in Oshawa today and one of the instructors is also doing the 1/2 marathon in Peterborough. One of the exercises in our training today was that one of the participants had to introduce someone to the rest of the class. When it came time for someone to introduce me I was introduced as the Marathon runner. It's amazing to see people's faces when I tell them that I was out running this morning.

The weather is supposed to turn nasty over the next few days so I hope I'll be able to get in my tempo and 15K run over the next few days. Since I started running, I've yet to let weather stop me from completing a run. I've run in rain, snow, thunderstorms and ice storms but the only thing that I truly hate is a strong wind.
I'll be happy when all I need to run in is a pair of shorts and a shirt.

No comments: